Friday, March 9, 2012

an ADHD angel

Because I know the whole world is wondering what happened for the rest of our No Chemo Tuesday party, I'll tell you: an angel happened.

I guess you could said two angels happened. Chris was an angel and remembered we talked about going sledding/plastic-kid skiing at the nearby park. So I took some Tylenol got the kids all bundled and we met Chris and had a really good time. Charlie was so brave in trying the skis on first and then had a blast entertaining himself on the sled while we convinced Alec to give the ski's another try. He did great and eventually slid down the hill on the skis for a good 20 feet! Even Gwen was having fun for a little bit, sliding down the hill on her bum. But it was pretty cold so we only stayed under an hour and then went out to eat at Red Robin... not exactly free, but pretty yummy and VERY kid-friendly.

Then seconds after walking in the door around 7:30pm, an angel called. She wanted to know if we would like a babysitter that evening for a few hours and with our happy consent she said she'd be over in 30 min! The kids were in bed and the upstairs was in order just in time for Chris and I to slip away to the West Edmonton Mall to check out an outdoor store to browse their backpacking gear then to watch some pick-up hockey at the ice rink while we sipped Hot Chocolate from Starbuck's comfortable overlooking seats. We were home within 2 hours but it was a wonderful break! Sister K Maurikami (our angel and a sweet, self-proclaimed-late-onset-ADHD grandmother in our ward) told me she had a feeling that she needed to call us and come over. Then she told me she would help us get babysitters so we could go to the temple this Saturday and, oh, she knows the owner of the nearby Ski Hill and would like to hook Chris and I up for a ski night while she babysits again....how does Thursday sound?

What did I tell you? An angel.

And in case any of you were wondering how I did my first time skiing last night (we didn't actually take any pictures but) I looked basically like this:


5 comments:

nicole said...

this makes me so happy. love you!

MandaMommy said...

YAY!!! And hahahaha about the skiing! Sounds like fun though!!

dixie said...

Angels on your right hand and on your left... So happy for you!!

Aaron, Cera, Jaylen and Gavin said...

Love it! What a great angel to have. BTW- what a hidden talent you have. Who knew you could ski like that?! :)

lanaface said...

Wow! You look likea pro, are you going to try out for the next olympics??
So glad you got to have fun!!