Wednesday, May 2, 2012

I got a bike!

The last bike I had was a $80 Walmart special and I used it for our 5 year California experience, trained for some triathlons with it, and rode countless times pulling the kids to parks, libraries, church and other local events. Our trailer was pretty inexpensive too and while they both got the job done, they were so beat up that we didn't feel they would be worth their space in getting shipped up to Canada so we left them both with our friends for $20.

Now that the weather is warm enough to venture outside, we've been itching for a way to expand our park horizons a bit. Also the friends I run with here are also into biking and get together a few times a week to go on 1-2 hour bike rides. So we used our Canadian tax refund to get a bike and trailer! We bought it on Monday and I couldn't be happier with it. It is so lightweight and practically pulls the trailer by itself... seriously, I'm not even sure I can call my first 30-40 min ride pulling the trailer exercise!  It's a hybrid (mountain bike handle bars with skinnier wheels) and reminds me a lot of my friend Stephanie's bike that I borrowed (and LOVED) a couple of times. I don't think my new bike is actually as nice, but I can't tell the difference, so it works for me! Our new trailer is Croozer brand and was the last one left / display model so we got it for a discount. It is nicer than our old one with bucket seats and nice shoulder harnesses for the kids. I think they'll be quite comfortable. Charlie and Gwen both fell asleep on our first ride and they weren't half way slumped over, or even leaning against each other!  Chris has a nice bike we got for his birthday/internship commute two summers ago so we're now set for some family bike trips. We've just got to work our buns up to it!


7 comments:

nicole said...

So excited for you!

Stephanie said...

I am so glad you got a bike you love. Mine definitely doesn't get enough use.

merilee said...

Looks like so, so much fun! Nice that the weather is getting better there. Hope its a sunny summer for you :)

dixie said...

What a great purchase. Enjoy together!

lanaface said...

the trailor fits all 3 kids? What's the weight limit?
You guys are going to have a crazy awesome fun this summer.

Amy said...

Yay for bike rides and nice weather! And, I'm still using the trailer you left, although I finally decided to buy a new bike (after we got our US tax return).

Amy said...

That looks great!