Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Old Place and I guess some Philosophy

About a week or two before the move, I finally remembered to take a picture of the boys room when it was actually clean after I made them their curtains last spring. (No, late August was not the first time their room was clean since the spring, only it was the first time I remembered to take a picture in the 10 minute window of cleanliness.)


And then we moved! We're super really loving our new place. Its nice that it was pretty much fully decorated and furnished when we moved in. I actually feel like a "real" family, with a nice house and nice furnishings.  Its totally legit: the kids play happily in a beautifully grassy backyard on the trampoline while Chris barbeque's up an amazing salmon on the nice big grill and I'm watching it all happen from the kitchen sink in a nice open kitchen. My goal is to go on a cleaning spree this morning for the next hour and then take some pictures of our new place.

But its good to know (although not necessarily good to experience) that living in a "real" house doesn't make life perfect. The kids still make HUGE messes (and it actually takes even longer to clean it up in a bigger house), and they still whine, and its still easy to still feel sad about messes and disorganization, Chris and I still have different opinions on what to do with our evening time or whose turn it is to get up with the kids in the night etc... Happiness doesn't come from stuff or things or a nice house.  I'm sure I don't totally understand where Happiness does come from but I think it has something to do with making Good choices.  I also believe Jesus Christ has defined 'Good' for us. If only it was easy to always make Good choices....then maybe I would always be happy.  Soo....oops. I didn't mean to really philosophize on this post, it just sort of morphed out of my melancholy mood this morning and my procrastination of cleaning.  Ok, to work...

5 comments:

dixie said...

The curtains are really great! I love the way they pop in the room. I guess that means I haven't been up there for a while :( We're all trying to figure out where the everyday happiness comes from. Let us know when you work it out.

Nicole Smith said...

Happiness is friends! Miss you guys!

brittany said...

I was just about to write you an email and ask how you liked the new place. Glad you are liking it. Can't wait to see pictures of it.

Jess said...

Can't wait to see pictures of your new place! I hear it is great :)

And your curtains are adorable.

LOVE YOU!!!

Michelle said...

Thanks for the talk of happiness. I have been thinking about that a lot the last few days. More to think about. :)

And the curtains are really cute too.