Saturday, December 29, 2012

Seeing Friends

We've been able to do so much during our stay in Washington for Christmas. I had some finishing touches to do on our main Christmas gift for the kids and make the kids their Christmas jammies and spent fun evenings chatting with cousins and playing games.  We also got so spend some time with our dear good friends from Stanford - the Talbots and the Lewises.  We invited them both down for a day and played with legos, made candy-cane necklaces, ate lunch and dinner, went to the park and most importantly (for me) had a lovely long run with Amanda and Amy! So so so so fun! I took them on my favorite roads and paths by my house and we ended up squeaking out a 10 K. Its been so long since I've run farther than 5 miles and even longer since I've had my running buddies with me on one!  I was in Heaven all day and slept so well that night.

The kids took no time in playing together like they always had.  It was interesting to see who ended up playing with who, as they crossed ages and genders.  Alec and Anne and had fun with some cars; Charlie did legos with William, Blaine, and Ella.  Gwen and Miles mostly stayed around their parents and eyed each other.

 
 
It was like a day out of the past, except in the beautiful rainy Northwest and not sunny California.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Sounds like so much fun

Christy Harker said...

I'm so glad you're having a blast. you deserve it.

MandaMommy said...

We had so much fun! Thanks for a great time!

Amy said...

It was so, so, so very great to see you!