Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Cleared

We got some great news yesterday! Chris' PET scan was clear of any 'abnormal uptake.' Which means that they couldn't find any trace of cancer! Which means our prayers have been answered and the previous rounds of chemo were successful. Which means Chris is where he needs to be for the next phase of his treatment plan - the stem cell transplant.


We celebrated with a totally unprecedented Tuesday Night Movie Night with popcorn and candy corns. We watched the first half of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. 

Chris' doctor was really cute about telling us the news. Chris was just waiting in the lobby to get called back for bloodwork and Dr. Tan comes out with some papers. (I was 3 minutes away from arriving and still would've been 5 min early for his appointment time). I guess Dr. Tan saw Chris come in and couldn't wait to tell him the news. Good news probably isn't something he often gets to give his patients. He was smiling the throughout our entire appointment and confessed that his mood changes with how his patients are doing. 

So now we wait for the scan results to get faxed from Dr. Tan to Dr. Kassim - the stem cell doctor in Nashville - and then wait some more for them to call us with whatever is next. I am always hoping for our next appointment to provide some type of schedule for the future, with actual dates so I can get in place whatever plan we decide to go with regarding what to do with our kids while Chris and I are in Nashville for 4-6 weeks. Are we sending them to Utah to stay with family or are we flying family out here. Decisions, decisions....

11 comments:

merilee said...

The BEST news! I'm so happy to hear things are good and you can move forward. Keep the updates coming. I love you!!

Shelly Beth said...

I know I already commented on fb, but that is WONDERFUL! I can hear the excitement and relief in your words and I am thrilled that you get to move forward with the process. I am much like you in that I want to have dates and plans nailed down or it drive be bonkers, so hopefully that can happen soon!

Katie B. said...

Hooray! So good to hear. And really, let us know if our family in Memphis could help in any way.

dixie said...

Can you hear all the cheering from here in Utah?!! Love and prayers continue coming your way.

brittany said...

Such happy news! And I love Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. I grew up with that movie.

Lindsey Lillywhite said...

Hi! =) I am Lindsey Lillywhite. Family of Lila. I live in Nashville. About 20 min from Vanderbilt. If you need anything during your stay please let me help. I gave Lila my phone #.

Amy said...

Yay! I'm so happy that the results of the scan were good, and that now you can plan the next crazy phase of your life! Love you.

Erin Johnson said...

SOOOOOO glad to hear the good news!!! We pray for your special little family often and think of you even more. Miss you tonnes but so glad things are working out for you! Please say hi to the kids from Brady! :-)

Scooter said...

That is great news!! So happy for you guys.

Justin said...

Yay! I know this is a late comment, but I just wanted to tell you that we love you guys so much and are always praying for you, especially our little Lynae: every prayer, if she's not saying it, she will loudly whisper to whoever is, "and please bless Uncle Chris and Aunt Brittney!", and she'll keep repeating it over and over until her request is granted. This morning Harmony started whispering gibberish back to her. :-)

Emily Walsh said...

What fantastic news!! Nothing better than seeing positive updates that chemo is indeed working, a sign that your prayers have been answered. My name is Emily and I wanted to know if you would be able to answer a quick question about your blog. Could you please email me back when you get the chance? Thanks