Thursday, December 12, 2013

Hello Thom and Brittany!

It was time for another switch up for our sweet care takers. Tiff and Clara (my caretakers) and Dixie's brother Todd (Chris' caretaker) were needed back at their own homes. I'm so glad they could each come. 

Now it was Chris' turn for some brotherly love as his brother Thom went up to Nashville to take care of him and still more sister love for me as Thom's wife Brittany stayed with me in Starkville. We each were single parenting it with all our kids...6 kids, 6 years old and under.  I mostly put my fun project brain on hold and Brittany and I focused on spending time with the kids. 

We read them stories...
Took them out for walks....
Sang Christmas songs at a bedtime popcorn picnic....(we had to get creative to keep the kids motivated to listen and obey us poor mamas )
Let them run off some energy at the gym...
And took them to storytime at the library...

It was so nice to have some company in the house, kids for my kids to play and be distracted with and someone for me to talk to, to switch off doing dishes with, to brainstorm ways of handling the kids better with. Alec went off the deep end one night and somehow the battle ended with him trapping me in my own bedroom where I cried myself to sleep at 8:30pm. I had intended our roles to be reversed but that's not the way it worked out. I think the stress of our family's situation has been taking a toll on Alec and he's not quite sure how to express his feelings on all that's happening. At least that's what I'm telling myself his recent behavior is all about. He just needs some stability and love...right? 

No comments: