Saturday, October 4, 2014

Bon fires and swing making

We had such a pleasant Saturday! For the first time in a while we didn't have to travel very far for something and just worked around the yard in some perfect temperatures. We're trying to widdle away at the pile of branches/leaves/trunk of the big tree our friend cut down and started a burn pile. 

And while the wood burned, Chris and the boys made a swing!


All the kids were fighting to be the first one to try it out and Chris made an executive decision that I should be the lucky one! I guess it was my idea... as Chris recently reminded me after noticing the boys rough housing on it together and I remarked that one of them was going to bash his head open. 


Every couple of days we try to put some more brush on the pile and start it up again. Chris is getting pretty good at getting it going nice and big!







1 comment:

Radene said...

Brittney, I can't say I'm not a little jealous of all that yard space! How awesome. That swing looks so fun. What a great place for your family. We love and miss you.