Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Ballet for Gwen!


I've tried for a few years to get Gwen excited about taking Ballet lessons, but she always gets really nervous and indecisive about if she'd rather do that or gymnastics or soccer.. and when it came down to deciding she didn't want to commit to any of them because she's pretty shy and nervous when it comes to new things. We stopped by the dance place, Dance Divine (recommended by a good friend) and let her observe for a lesson. After that, with some encouraging, she agreed to try it.  She found out 2 little friends are in her same class and after the second lesson, she said she wanted to take dance all this year and next year too! She's gets so excited the night before and will get her ballet bag all ready and tell me a few times to not forget to bring it when I pick her up for school. She practices the dances she learns at home and loves to show me all she's learning.  The first half of the class is classical ballet with barre work and everything and the second half is tap.  I'm not nor ever was a real ballerina like my sister, but I took lessons for a couple of years and had fun and I enjoy dancing...so its a little weird how much happiness it gives me to watch Gwen love it.  The studio is Christian based and they have a prayer circle at the end of each class and have a handout with a scripture on it. Its so cute. Another reason to love the South!




1 comment:

dixie said...

This makes me so happy! Cute Gwen.