So after we confirmed the sale of the rest of the stock Chris was given by his grandpa in his egg farm we called our contractor up to get started! He told us he'd be ready in about a week and a half. Perfect. We needed time to move out of the craft room (although I had pretty much got that room packed up on Saturday), kitchen and family room and we had hoped to save some money by doing most of the demo work by ourselves. Our contractor called after the weekend and said he'd be ready to bring a dumpster by in preparation for the demo and said his current project and wrapped up unexpectedly and they could start the next day! He said they would be happy to help us pack stuff up and move it wherever we wanted. Ah! So after dinner, and after Chris helped the boys put together their pinewood derby cars for their race the next afternoon, we got to work. We worked hard until the 1 or 2 in the morning but we did it. We had emptied it all. We even moved the fridge down to our storage room and dispersed the sectional couch in the kids rooms upstairs. We are using the laundry room as a kitchen with the microwave, the attached small halfbath's itty bitty sink as a kitchen sink and the storage room as the pantry/fridge/freezer area. Then we moved the table and chairs and couch and TV into the playroom next door to serve as our living space for the foreseeable future. We have the piano upstairs in the landing area (thanks to the YSA guys for helping us do that the Sunday before after we hosted their FHE).
Now the fun begins!
The workers came the next day and by 10:00am had pretty much knocked out whatever Chris or I could've done over a couple weekends! Wow. They were fast and good.