Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Part 3 Disneyland

On Tuesday we used our Magic Morning that came with out 5 day passes to get into the park an hour early. We were about 2nd in line in one of the park entrances, and then waited near the front of the rope drop again at the end of main street.   Our first objective was to sign the kids up for Jedi training so we booked it to Tomorrow land and were able to sign all the kids up for the first session at 11:00 or something. Then we really wanted to make the most of our magic hour and got Fast Passes for Space Mountain and most everyone got inline at Star Tours. But it was still a 30-45 min line. (and Freddy couldn't go on it) Chris was frustrated to have to wait so long. He wanted to maximize the number of rides we could go on and wanted to choose some smaller rides to just walk on and ride lots of times or something.  The thing was there were NO short lines anywhere. SO many people were there for Magic Morning that the lines filled up. We choose to do Finding Nemo because the Disneyland App said it was only 15 min. .... and  it must have filled up fast because we had to wait 25 minutes.  I was a little upset because we had broken off from the family and were STILL having to wait in line.  After we talked about it and Chris realized that I didn't care about maximizing rides, I cared about maximizing time with family...we got on the same page.  The Nemo ride was sorta interesting and long. Gwen and Freddy didn't really enjoy the dark parts or being stuck under the water and they were anxious for the ride to end.

 After that it was time to meet up again with everyone to go on Space Mountain and then get the kids ready for Jedi Training. First I watched the babies with Sarah so everyone else could go on Space Mountain. Even Grandma, Hailey and Gwen went. Mom somehow didn't realize it was a fast roller coaster until she was nearly on it and in charge of Gwen so she bravely continued!  Gwen didn't really like it, and Alec was nervous about it being in the dark but ended up thinking it wasn't too scary. I was able to go on Space Mountain twice in a row because we had extra fast passes and the line was super short. That ride is one of my favorites! The kids LOVED Jedi Training. Alec almost didn't sign up because he's so nervous about new things and being infront of people. Gwen and Freddy didn't do it.  The kids learned a series of moves to do with a light saber and used the force to unearth a temple. Then they each got a turn to fight a bad guy and then used the force to banish the bad guy and lower the temple. Super fun. Alec, Charlie and Freddy each bought a light saber and were doing the moves they learned all week long.

After that we had fast passes for the lazer shooting ride. Freddy loves Buzz Lightyear and enjoyed seeing some big, moving, talking versions of him.  So many of the rides require anyone younger than 7 to sit with someone older than 14. So it was tricky to somehow match all the kids up right. Luckily most of them are over 7 (even though they don't all look it!) but Gwen isn't and she liked to sit with Lynae a lot, so I often sat with them on rides. 

After that we were all ready to branch out of tomorrow land and headed over to Adventure land to do Splash Mountain and Pirates and Haunted Mansion.  Tiffany's toddler, Henry, was pretty challenging and fussy but LOVED meeting Tigger. He just started laughing and petting Tigger and Pooh. It was so cute. Gwen was starting to really throw some fits. She didn't really enjoy going on Splash Mountain and was really wanting to buy something with her money but she was having a hard time deciding.  I took her shopping while Chris and the boys did Splash Mountain over and over again. As it was getting late the line was super short.

Once Gwen decided to buy the bubble wand that her cousin had gotten the day before she was like an entirely different person. She happily skipped and walked all the way home. The boys loved to try and pop her bubbles with their light sabers.  Another day but not quite so long. We left early enough to try and get dinner at the house. It was fun to have so many days ahead of us still that we didn't feel pressured to stay every minute in the park and try to get to all the rides (although we rode a LOT of them after just 1 day in each park).

We went the Disneyland again the next day.  Having been a little disappointed with the lines in the morning, we decided to take it easy on Wednesday and not get to the park an hour before it opens. We had a nice breakfast at home, (Chris even went for a run!!.. crazy guy) and then packed up lunches (a yummy sausage/spinach/pasta salad) got to the park 30 minutes or so after it opened. It was really nice, actually. We saw Minnie and Mickey at the front of the park and Freddy wanted to see Mickey but they had closed his line, so we got in line to see Minnie.

Then we sorta waited around main street for the rest of the families to arrive and sent Chris off with the fast passes to get some for Star Tours. When the rest of the people came, they didn't feel like doing Star Tours and went to Adventure/Frontier land.  We storta broke off into different groups and ended up doing almost the same rides just in different orders: Big Thunder, Matterhorn, Star Tours, Autopia, Monorail, etc.  It was hard to meet back up. I felt a little sad about all this.  I mean the large group is difficult to organize and make decisions and takes so long to go from place to place but at least I don't have to deal with my FOMO feelings when we're all together. I often worry about 'missing out' on whatever the other group is doing. I was just emotional this day because of other stuff too. I found out that morning that I was slated to ovulate that day which meant, we wouldn't be able to be in Birmingham, Alabama the next day for an IUI... so we'd have another month to wait on before we could even hope to get pregnant.

We met up for a late lunch/early dinner at the Mexican food restaurant by Big Thunder.  Sarah was my pregnant/not-pregnant tracker buddy and she shared an extra dessert with me to try and eat through my crazy emotions.  Somehow in the shuffle of fast pass getting, we lost Gwen's park ticket and Chris had to take her to main street to get a new ticket.  Then the boys went on Splash Mountain again while some took the little girls to see a princess show.  It was really funny and well done.

We planned to do a bunch of Fantasy land rides as it got late, thinking the lines would be shorter as people with younger kids headed to watch the Electrical Parade and go to bed.  They were still about 10-15 min long but it was fun to be together again. We did Dumbo, the carousel, and some others. Then Chris took the kids home and let me stay out till the park closed with Tiff, Sarah, Estefi, Hailey and Mary. We rode the tea cups and ALMOST rode Indiana Jones again but then it was closed temporarily so we walked fast to ride Pirates again before the park closed... planning to shop at the nearby shops after 8:00.  We were wrong to think the shops stayed open after 8:00. I guess only the shops on Main Street.  We had fun walking through the mainstreet stores without strollers or kids and called Chris to come pick us up at the end of downtown disney around 9:30 or so.

I'm pretty sure I went to bed as soon as I got home. The other nights we sorta sat around on the couches/chairs talking about the day and planning the next day but I was so tired. Mostly the kids would fall asleep pretty fast. Just the 'big boys' - Cameron, Dylan, Tyler, Andrew, Alec, Ethan, Charlie, and William - who all shared a bunkbed room - sometimes stayed up too late laughing and talking.

No comments: