Saturday, June 24, 2017

Herriman part 2, a trip to The Ridge

We all decided to go to my sister, Sarah's neighborhood for their town carnival on Thursday night. All rides were 1 ticket and the kids had a blast. We had such a large group that we split up by rough age groups and it ended up being just Chris, Freddy and I for the first bit. It was kinda fun to focus on Freddy and walk around holding hands with Chris.  Gwen was excited to wear her new haircut with her new (to her) dress. 

Charlie, Andrew, Will and Alec all rode this fast spinny ride over and over again. Alec was done after a while and helped with Freddy.

Mom and Hailey were in town (Hailey is staying at Jordan and Estefi's for the summer before heading to BYU Idaho) and met us. At one point mom was hanging out with Alec and Sarah and Alec REALLY wanted to play this pingpong ball game to win a goldfish. Mom thought, "why not? I have one $5 bill and he won't win a goldfish and it'll be a good lesson in spending money wisely and he'll be done before the rest of the cousins come back." Well, on Alec's 2nd to last pingpong ball he made it and won a goldfish just as all the cousins came back! haha. He named him Swimy and everyone loved feeding him the last couple of days that we were at Tiffany's house. We had to leave Swimy with Tiff and Todd (actually, Alec bequeathed him to Sarah who helped play the game with Alec to win Swimy in the first place) because we didn't think it would survive the 29 hour drive across the country.

The last Friday of our time in Utah, we met Dad and Mom up at their new property that we're trying to name "The Ridge." Its up in Kamas?. Right now there's a driveway and a shed and lots of dreams and plans. ;)  When mom was giving us the tour of the property we surprised a little group of Elk. There were close and so huge!

While we were all there for the day, we helped built a big fire pit/ring and then we made a fire and cooked tin foil dinners.

Alec and cousins built this really cool Teepee with a picket fence front walkway. Really cool.

Chris was patient and tried to get Freddy to take a nap with him in the hammock. I maybe overworked myself a bit in the heat and got a bad headache and took a turn trying to take a nap in the hammock myself. I couldn't manage to fall asleep but it sure felt nice to lay down.

The tin foil dinners and smores were going to be awesome...except... no one had matches. HAHAHA. We spent more than an hour trying to figure out a way to start the fire without matches. Chris and Todd got REALLY close with a drill and some dry pieces of wood. Then they got EVEN CLOSER with some dry wood scraps and a cigarette lighter. But in the end, German walked a ways to a neighbors house and they gave him a lighter and within a second we had a good fire going.

One last Hurray with my family before meeting up with Chris' family for a bit was all the adults going out to eat at Rodizios to celebrate Hailey's highschool graduation. It was really fun and we stuffed ourselves full.  Chris literally got sick again after this. Unfortunately the only picture I have from the night is one of the ones Sarah and I tried to take of our pregnant selves. Her at the very end, me at the beginning.... but it mostly looks like we both just have to go to the bathroom. ugh.

No comments: