----
Its good advice to SLOW DOWN a little, steady the course, and focus on the essentials when experience adverse conditions. -- yes, I'm in adverse conditions.
Lets be honest; its rather easy to be busy....because they unnecessarily complicate their lives they often feel: INCREASED FRUSTRATION -- that is me, big time! -- diminished joy, and too little sense of meaning.
Forego some good things in order to choose others that are better or best. --Its hard to decide what is a good thing and what is a better thing. It'll be hard to do but I'm sure others will agree that a perfectly clean house is a good thing; quality time with kids is better.
So What Are the Basics? We learn over and over again the importance of four key relationships: with our God, with our families, with our fellowman, and with ourselves.
----
I'm going to try and do one thing to focus on for each of those relationships.
- Have more meaningful, heartfelt prayers at least morning and night.
- Try to drop everything and just play with the kids for a hour or so each day (like from 10-noon or something)
- Build friendships by having one-on-one time with other friends/families...like have someone over for dinner 2-3 times a month
- "Take extra time to get to know myself better" I'm not exactly sure what this means or how to do it. If I had a hammock I'd schedule in some just-swing-and-think time...but I don't have a hammock, or an outdoor rocking chair, or a gorgeous view of the Puget Sound outside my front windows, like I did growing up.
3 comments:
"Wisdom is knowing what to do with what you know". That quote has helped encourage many positive steps forward...
Sounds like you are making great goals, dearest Britt <3
Dad & I have the greatest confidence that you & Chris know what is best for your family & will make great choices. LOVE YOU!!!!!
I miss that view, too! I have yet to find one so full of solace and peace, and I need it! I agree with your idea of putting the kids ahead of the cleanliness. Today I spent more time playing with my son, and he didn't destroy anything. :) I think he was begging me for attention. Good luck with your new thoughts and approaches! Soak in that view for me!
Loved that talk too! Brittney, I am glad you write honestly because it's what I feel often too. Hang in there. Here's a big hug through the computer!
Love you!
Post a Comment