Chris pretty much stayed in bed most of this day. His headache and low fever hadn't gotten any better.
We watched some movies and opened a present or two throughout the day while I made the cake Alec requested....a square on a rectangle with a plane crashing on it....vanilla cake with vanilla frosting.
After a trip to the grocery store to get batteries, a few helium balloons, candles and frosting (that's right....store bought frosting...that's how tired I was) we sang the song, ate cake and ice cream, and opened presents. I'm so glad Alec didn't seem to mind that we didn't have a party or see any friends or even play outside.
Alec is growing up. He is such a bright, inquisitive, and playful kid. He says some of the sweetest, specific prayers...remembering people and needs more often then I remember them. He can be so incredibly helpful and loves to be given responsibility. We love our big 7 year old.
By bedtime I realized that I had only ever sat down long enough to feed Frederick and my body was feeling it. I was so tired and achy that I asked Chris to put the kids to bed. He sweetly agreed and by 9:00pm we were all in bed. It was during this night that Chris woke up with a high fever and after talking to the on call doctor through Vanderbilt's cancer care line, I sent Chris to the ER with a friend from our branch at 5:00am.







No comments:
Post a Comment