Frederick sometimes has specific requests for his hair. One day he wanted a mohawk and wore his glasses. Super cute kid.
Gwen likes to make up songs. Most of the time, its just her singing, but one day she asked me to print her off some empty lines so she could compose a song on the piano. Charlie and Freddy quickly jumped on board. Freddy doesn't really know anything about reading music but I got him down some real sheet music for him to try and copy. He even stapled the pages open all by himself. Charlie's song was a nice scale-type of song and Gwen's more melodic. Sometimes, I just love these kids to pieces.
We love General Conference! After not being able to focus very well last time, my plan this time revolved around making it easiest to focus. I tried to meal plan out and prepped a lot of the things ahead of time and tried to limit the people we invited over to have some sessions that was just our family. The kids weren't very interested in the packet I printed out for all the Primary kids. They are so funny, they all wanted to fill it out the Sunday before but on the actual Conference Days they didn't seem to be interested in any of the crossword puzzles or whatever. Somehow I still managed to not be as ready for it to start as I wanted but I took a deep breath and just let go of my desire to have home-made prizes for kids who listen/take notes well.
Gwen invited one friend over to watch the second session on Saturday with us and we had a newly married couple in the ward over for the Sunday afternoon session. We had yummy food over the weekend and what is more important we were spiritually fed. Conference always increases my testimony of modern prophets and apostles. Their council is so spot-on and needed and I always feel a mix of a desire to improve on some things in my life and also a nice warm feeling that tells me I'm on the right track.
Notice Gwen's nightgown? My mom made it for my sister and I when we were little as Christmas Jammies, one year. Its so fun to see Gwen loving it too.
No comments:
Post a Comment