Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Cute, snuggly boys

After the kids get off to school, these boys love to cuddle while I try to get stuff done in the mornings... exercise, shower, clean up breakfast, clean up the constant mess of kids, gather laundry, etc... Anytime I lay Theodore on his back Max will want to lay down right next to him and often shoves his arm underneath Theo's head.  Max wants to 'old it'   (hold him) alllll the time, but with a smile as cute as Theo's, can you blame him?? 




 

 

Max also loves to get into anything that is especially for Theo. The bouncer, the carseat, the swing, bumbo, whatever.  Sometimes the only way to get Max to be changed or dressed is to change or dress Theo first and then say, "two babies?"  so Max will lay down next to him and let me change or dress my two babies.


We don't have to work hard to get Theodore to smile anymore. He does it anytime he sees one of our faces... mostly when he sees my face, or Chris'.


Also, Theo's had goopy eyes since he was a month old. Both eyes, alll the time. I hate to see them all red rimmed from wiping them but I also had to see them all gooped up. If I don't wipe them right away, they'll get all crusty and then he won't be able to see. The doctor at his 2 month visit said this could last for a year or even two and be 'normal.' On Theo's 3 month mark, one eye cleared up all on its own but his left eye stayed goopy. I took this picture to remember how pitiful he looked. He's crying because I haven't unbuckled him yet, not because his eye bothers him. It doesn't seem to bother him at all, but it still just makes me so sad to see it goopy.


Max learned how to climb out of his crib and can scale the pool table without anything to stand on. Its rough. One good thing that Max is really good at is folding his arms for prayers. He even generally lasts the whole prayer long sitting still and quiet with his arms folded.  He really likes to make sure everyone else is folding their arms. He's been known to call people out (in the middle of a prayer) to fold their arms. He'll say their name and then say "ahms!" like "CoCo, Ahms!" for Charlie.




No comments: