Like most years, at the beginning of December we get all excited to follow along with the challenges/invitations associated with the church's Christmas initiative, LightTheWorld... and then things get busy and we lose steam a little but we still love to try and make a difference in sharing Christ's light in special ways on the days that we remember.
Alec had his Christmas concert pretty early. He had some really fun pieces! Sugar Plum secret agent or something like that. Christmas classics with a 'spy' theme sound. He did really well. I love to see and hear him play his saxophone. He doesn't play much at home, but he really enjoys band and I'm glad he's learning to develop this talent at school.
Our ward Christmas party ended up being the same night that Dixie had gotten all the girls in our family tickets to go see the BYU folk dance team and dance department classes put on the Christmas Around the World concert. Chris' cousin is on the team and they did a few dances at a recent campus wide devotional and Chris thought the boys would love to see it too, so Dixie got tickets for everyone in our family. We had to leave the ward Christmas party a little early to make it to the Marriott center on time for some pre-concert games. We got pictures with Santa, (which Max and even Freddy were REALLY nervous about it... good thing for older siblings to follow!) There was a mix up with the BYU catering and the food never was ready for the dinner! We had planned to leave for the Marriott Center right after the dinner but we ended up leaving before the last-minute Little Ceasar runners got back with food. Dixie ran home and made us all some PB&J sandwiches to eat in the car. ... We were all so hungry, PB&J never tasted so good.
The Christmas Around the World concert was AMAZING!!!! Seriously the dancers are all so talented and the music so fun and the costumes so beautiful. We were all mesmerized for the entire time. Ok... thats not quite true...all the older kids and adults were mesmerized. Theo and Max BARELY made it through to the intermission. Chris offered to take them home and I stayed with the rest of the kids to finish it off. Freddy didn't quite make it and fell asleep towards the end. I was in a little bit of a bad mood and I regret being childish about the seats and having to deal with babies instead of having a girls night like I anticipated. But regardless, it was a fun memory and I'd love to make this a tradition.
Family Pictures!
I'd been trying to get a good family picture for a few weeks. We hadn't had a good one since Theodore was born. I even brought coordinating clothes to Jared and Ashley's over Thanksgiving, hoping to get someone there to take our picture. It is such a hassel to get everyone ready and we didn't ever get it to work. So on Sunday, I decided if I just helped pick out some outfits before church we could get a few pictures afterward. It almost didn't happen. Charlie was mad about something and didn't want to cooperate... but we persevered and I'm glad we did because I think a few of them turned out nice.
Dixie took the ones of our whole family and then I took the ones of the kids. Charlie and Alec helped take ones of Chris and I and, like usual, Chris goofed around to make the moment fun. Man, I love that guy... and isn't he just the handsomest ever?!? How is it fair that guys just look better and better as they age.

No comments:
Post a Comment