Chris' sister, Jess played the piano as the accompanist for some singers, one of whom is in her ward for a concert up on Temple Square. It was a fun evening to meet up there with all the Archibalds, go out to dinner at the mall, food courtyard across the street and then walk over to hear Jess play. The kids weren't very quiet and the littlest kids kept wandering much to the chagrin of some of the volunteer ushers.

We've enjoyed a lot of Betteridge family time with family dinners when Mom and Dad are in town. Tiff, Estefi and I went for a walk one evening so Estefi could get another work out in and beat Sarah... they're having this fun competition with their apple watches and the winner gets first pick of rooms on their upcoming Europe trip!
Freddy and Max being 'helpful' during a doctors appointment for Theo.
Fun in the snow.
Alec joined the Archery Team at Freedom Prep Middle School. He's really enjoyed it and we got to watch the end of the year tournament. I wish I remembered what score he got. Maybe 30 or 40- something?
We love with Grandma comes to visit. I think Chris left for a conference work trip or something? James and Dixie might have gone to visit GG in ogden or had a little trip down to St. George to allow us a little space with my mom. Maybe? Goodness I don't remember, as I'm trying to post this a year later.
We gave the kids experiences for Christmas this year. They each got to pick a date to do. Gwen and I went to a Cougarettes concert. My cousin's daughter made it into the cougarettes this year. Its so fun. They were amazing and special time with Gwen was super fun.
We let Theo participate in a random study on infants eye tracking something at BYU and we got $10! wahoo! It was fun to meet Brittany (who had Davis in the study) on campus and take the kids out for ice cream with our earnings.
Valentines Day: We made heart shaped pizzas. And apparently thats all I can remember about this.
It was cute to see Chris enjoy spending so much down time with his parents while we're living with them.
We had a fancy tea party for Sarah's birthday. We met at mom and dad's house in American Fork for a yummy brunch.
Chris took Alec and Charlie up to Sundance Ski resort for some night skiing for their first time skiing for one of their Christmas experience/dates. They had a lot of fun and the boys were pretty good and brave!
Grandma Zelma turned 94 and now that we're in Utah, we're able to come to the fun extended family gatherings! We all met up at conference room in the new Oakdell office building for a BBQ potluck.
One family date we did recently was to take the kids bowling.
Max is my exercise buddy. I've been doing some beachbody workouts 21dayFix with my sisters. We each do it separately but we text each other when we get a workout in and we're trying to stay motivated and keep each other going by not getting behind the others.
Most of the time when I'm exercising Max isn't that helpful because he goes and bothers Theo while I'm busy. He loves to climb up into Theo's bed, or climb into my sink and put in our deodorant, or get into stuff in the kitchen. One favorite story is when he used a knife to open a package of microwave popcorn. He also got the food coloring bottles and matches out. I came out of the shower to the smell of smoke and this mess!! I'm surprised he didn't chop off a finger with the knife. I'm still hoping that the smell of smoke was just from the box of matches themselves,... even though I found burned matches, theres no way he knows how to strike a match, is there?!?
Freddy wanted to go to the dinosaur museum for one of his Christmas experiences/dates. I took the 3 little boys up by myself! We spent the day playing with manipulatives, looking at exhibits and grabbed lunch while we were out. It was so fun.
We're trying to think of things to do that get us out of the house and out of Grandma and Grandpa's hair for a little bit. So one Friday, when Chris and Alec were busy with something I took the kids to the mall and we split up to do a scavenger hunt... where you each have a list of a bunch of things typically found in the mall and the team that can check off the most items by taking a picture of it, wins! It was fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment