Monday, June 1, 2020

Trampoline, bike rides and photo shoots


As I've been going through boxes, unpacking and settling in, I found some more clothes for Max and Theo. One favorite outfit is the Mississippi State outfit that fits Theodore perfectly right now. It made me really reminiscent of our time in Mississippi.  With all the craziness and rioting thats happening right now as a result of the George Floyd tragedy, I've been thinking a lot about my friends in the south and how race and prejudice has affected people's lives.   This cute face sure brighten the saddest of days. 








In other news... we got a trampoline!!! Its been a long time coming. A month or so ago, the kids were getting really quarrelsome and so we set a goal for no fighting for 24 hours and then we'd get a trampoline as a reward. I think it started out as a consecutive 24 hours....but after not being able to go even an hour without fighting, multiple times... we changed it to accumulative 24 hours. But the clock wouldn't start rolling until its been 2 hours without a fight. Anyway... the kids worked really hard for a day or so and would earn 4-6 hours a day and then have multiple days without earning a single hour.  Eventually they got to 24 hours and Chris and I put some research into what trampoline to get. Turns out they are WAY more expensive than I thought - especially if you (Chris) want to get an equally super safe and super fun one.  Also, it turns out that they are completely out of stock and on backorder, like everywhere.  So we kinda gave up trying and the kids mostly stopped asking about it after a while. Then our bishop's wife stops Chris outside one day as he's taking the garbage out and asks him if we'd like their trampoline. Its the one she grew up with, made in the 70's and lasted through all of her, and her kids' childhoods. They replaced the mat recently and painted the frame so it actually looks really nice and is totally solid, super springy, and well built. This was definitely a tender mercy from the Lord. 


Chris loves his new practice set up for golf.  We've had some really fun evenings in the yard after dinner. Chris is dedicated to improving his game and its working! He's been on the top of the leaderboard for his Mens Association matches on Wednesdays a lot recently.... making $8-20 sometimes from skins.


We dusted off the bike trailer and the kids and I have enjoyed some fun bike rides. Max is usually so sweet with Theo and can often be found with his arm around his neck.  


No comments: