School started on August 7th this year. The kids all visited their classrooms and met their teachers at the end of last week and so weren't nervous to go on the first day. Alec and Gwen have new schools, and Alec's is entirely new to all of us. He's at the 5th grade school called Overstreet Elementary. Gwen (2nd grade) moved up to Henderson Ward Stewart Elementary (grades 2-4) with Charlie (3rd grade).
Both Chris and I took them through carpool drop off because some of them still wanted me to come with them and walk them to their class. But when we got in the carpool line, everyone said they knew where to go and they didn't want me to come in! We got off early enough that there wasn't too long of lines and Chris and Freddy and I were home pretty quick.
We would've loved to go eat breakfast somewhere (especially since it was our anniversary) but Chris had a big paper deadline that night and I was stressing over getting everything ready at home for preschool to start the next day so we both got to work! This is the first year that my Hillbrook Preschool idea has completely panned out. I have a full class of 6 kids (including Freddy) and despite the first kid who signed up last February dropping out 5 days before school started, I was able to fill the spot right away. We have class twice a week, Tuesdays and Thursdays, from 8:30-11:30. I had gone crazy the past few weeks of summer trying to set up the classroom, update the playground equipment, get all the documents in order etc. This was a beast of a mental weight on me and I was excited to hopefully find a groove where it wouldn't be so all consuming.
No comments:
Post a Comment