The next preschool day was even crazier! I feel like I managed to keep my crazy emotions hidden from the kids and I hope they had a good time. Everyone certainly had a good moment, with most kids having lots of good moments. But our youngest friend had a really hard time. His first 20 minutes were great! No problem leaving mom, and loved building with the straws and pokie balls. But as soon as another kid had a sad moment and cried for mom for a split second, its like he realized for the first time that his mom wasn't there and he basically cried the rest of the time - like a scream/cry. After getting him to calm down for short periods of time but by his 4th long crying/screaming spell where he wouldn't let me touch him or comfort him or distract him I texted his mom and asked her to come get him. I could tell it was wearing on the other kids and I was totally unable to lead any of the activities. This mom was so sweet and understanding and came right away. But once the other kids saw one mom come, 2 of them started crying for their moms and pretty much cried for 30 minutes longer till they came. I was sweating like crazy and feeling a pretty stressed about this all just falling apart. WHAT WAS I THINKING starting a preschool while I was 6 months pregnant?! I thought I was a talented teacher and it was humbling to have the first week be so difficult.
Collection success!
-
Yesterday (Monday), my mom and I went into the clinic at 7:30 am. They
gave me my two neupogen shots, and then had me go get some breakfast.
They told ...
12 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment