Ryan Picard was our home teacher before the newly announced Ministering program changes. The kids have been begging him to give him a ride on his motorcycle so one Saturday Ryan, texted and asked if that day was a good day to come over. Every kid got a ride and enjoyed it! Even for just the few minutes that the motorcycle sat in the sun while we first talked about things, the seat got so hot, we needed to cool it off with a cool, wet, rag. The helmet BARELY fit Freddy. Ha! Freddy's arms were so small, and the helmet so big that he couldn't fit his arms around Ryan with his head facing forward so he had to turn his head to the side. Ryan said 1/2 way through the ride, he felt Freddy's arms go a little slack and worried that the heat and vibration was putting Freddy to sleep so he had to quickly come back. hahaha.
While Ryan and his cute wife Emily, who I work with in Primary, were over for the motorcycle rides, the kids begged Ryan to bring his little kid guns over to let them shoot. Ryan and Emily were so sweet and obliged a few hours later after buying some rounds (which he wouldn't let me pay for!) at Walmart. He let them shirt the kid-sized shotgun and a handheld pistol. He set up 2 targets about 40 yards away. The kids LOVED it. Turns out Gwen is a sharp shooter! She was the first to hit the smaller target and continued to hit it almost every time! Impressive.
This one one of the highlights for the kids this summer. Chris and I were so busy remodeling the guest house with every possible spare minute that the kids were mostly left to fend for themselves and we didn't do a whole lot of out-of-the-house fun.
Of course, Ryan let Chris and I have a go with the shotguns and pistols too. I wasn't good at the shotgun like Chris, but I did better with the pistol. I can totally see why people do this for fun and it makes me interested in getting a gun.
No comments:
Post a Comment