Thursday, June 28, 2018

Summer Fun

The boys had fun with the dress ups, putting on as many girly things they could find and sang a song and did a dance for us for a Family Home Evening talent moment. 


I wasn't feeling well and Alec made me a card to help me feel better. His sense of humor is quite enjoyable. Also, his talent for drawing and artistry is developing well.



It is SO HOT here in the summer. Truly the only way to bearably be outside sometimes is in water. I'm surprised how much fun can be had in this little $20 pool from walmart.


But the funnest water times we have is when we go to Lake Tiak-o-K'hata with friends. Charlie is getting brave and goes off the high dive, usually once. Little Max is sure a handful with the sand and sun - he has no hair I always worry he'll burn bad! I tried to nurse him to sleep but the sun was so bright, I used a towel and an umbrella to get shade but then theres no wind and with the humidity its sweltering. I managed to get him to sleep for a few minutes respite of holding him, as I laid him down on a makeshift bed of towels and floaties.  Its a challenge to take all the kids to the lake by myself but it is worth it every now and then for the kids to have some fun outside.


Our garden is growing like crazy! We didn't watch it carefully enough and a lot of the vines have grown through the mesh... I can't even take the mesh off anymore.  Every year it seems we try at a garden and rarely does it feel very successful...but I still love to try. 



Charlie wanted to do a summer program at school. There were dance ones, and theater ones, but he chose an art one. It only lasted a few weeks and he came home with some really cool art. It was fun to go see him get acknowledged at the final 'assembly' for the little summer programs.


Some of my favorite moments ever are when I catch all my kids happily reading independently.  This usually happens the first hour or so that we come home from the library. The older kids are really enjoying the books in the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series... I think its because its part-comic-part-novel.



No comments: