One time, a few years ago, we tied each kids' basket to a long long string and wound the string all over the house and hid the basket so the kids had to follow the string to their basket. The kids LOVED this and ask us to do it every year. But its a mess and wastes LOTS of string so we've never repeated it. This year, Alec (I think) suggested we hide them but do a riddle hunt to find them. Chris loves riddles and he stayed up late the night before coming up with lots of riddles for each child and hiding the clues all over the house. The kids really enjoyed this. About 1/2 through finding her basket Gwen felt like throwing up and needed to take it easy all day. Poor girl, she couldn't even eat her candy...but she slept by it!
We dyed eggs two days before so we could have plenty of time for an Easter Egg Roll.
We did the roll in between General Conference sessions. Its a fun tradition started by my mom's family that she did growing up. I tried not to get distracted and depressed by the boys throwing fits about who got to help max or go first, or sit in certain chairs. Every family 'fun' time seems polka-dotted with fighting but we just try to not let it stop us from still trying to do fun things as a family.
I can't remember who won! It was either Max or Freddy. I do remember Charlie freaking out and throwing a tantrum that he didn't win. I think Max won.
Freddy wanted this blanket, TAPED on to him just so, so he could be a bird, I think. It was pretty funny.
We had the Gines over for an Easter Egg hunt. There was such a pretty sunset that night.
Max is just the cutest. I love putting him in his little baby clothes. Since I gave away most of our baby boy clothes a few months before I was pregnant with him, people have been generous and given us their old baby boy clothes. I did save a few of my very favorite outfits that all my boys have worn. I need to do a baby picture comparison spread again.
No comments:
Post a Comment