Friday, March 16, 2018

Spring Break

Chris and Alec joined the YM on their backpacking trip during the first part of Spring Break. There's currently mainly 1 active young man, and so Alec (as an 11 year old scout) often gets invited to join in on their activities when its scout-related. Alec was super excited about this. I'll let Chris put in some details about the trip. 




The rest of the kids and I tried to have fun at home. We enjoyed the beautiful weather and went for walks and went to the skating rink. Gwen LOVED skating at the rink. She got roller blades for Christmas and almost CONSTANTLY wears them around the kitchen/family room so she was particularly excited to use her newly honed rollerblading skills.  After just 1 or 2 laps at the rink she comes up to me and says with breathless feeling, "The wind, mom, the wind! I can go so fast it makes my hair fly back!!" She is truly a daughter after my own heart. I love the wind.



We wanted to go down to the coast for a night and go to the beach but we've had SUCH a rainy/stormy spell. It rained constantly and had severe thunderstorm threats down by the coast. So we just hung out around home.  The kids created an obstacle course with yarn and pretended they were lazer beams. Then they "kidnapped" Max and imprisoned him back on Charlie's bed and Chris and I had to try and navigate our way back to him and rescue him! Then we switched and Chris and I held Max hostage (adding on a few surprise components like the, Pokey-Bomb Alley, Slippery Paper Pass, and the Pillow Windmill of Death. It was really fun.



No comments: