Friday, May 31, 2019

Food trucks, and Spring MS creatures.

We're trying to get rid of things before we move (kitchen table, grill, couch, treadmill, purple desk, kitchen carts, etc...) and throwing away a lot of things. One thing that won't make the move but that needs to be documented is this awesome paper food truck Charlie made in school.



Also, one morning this week Charlie told me he wanted to make cakes and sell them to earn money. So he made this cake all by himself and frosted it by himself too. He came up with the idea all on his own (it was one of those classic Charlie moments when I'm busy doing something and he comes up all excited about something and asks permission and I am slightly distracted and grunt some sound (or maybe even remained totally quiet) and he takes my response (or lack of response) as a "definitely, YES!" answer and then goes and does whatever it is he wanted to.  Anyway he made this cake and then got too scared to ask anyone to buy it. So I bought it from him and served it at my Preschool BBQ End Of Year party. 



Also, Chris was out of town for something and one of my preschool kid's mom mentioned how she always felt bad about not bringing me a meal when Max was born over a year ago, that she wanted to bring me one now. It was perfectly timed and it was AMAZING southern goodness. Smoked Chicken legs, corn salad, green beans and baked beans.


 Random pictures to remember:



We have lots of lizards out right now. Sometimes they get in the house and Chris rescues us.



Freddy is our creature lover and he likes to catch the lizards and frogs. All of the kids got into it one day and kept trying to put the frog on Max's head.


They succeeded.



Also, the turtles are out! We found one crossing our driveway as we went for one of our walks one morning. Despite all that I feel like I need to get done around the house to get ready to move, I need to make sure I get in exercise since it acts as a form of insulin and helps with my gestational diabetes.



No comments: