Sunday, July 28, 2019

Archibald Girls trip and my birthday

For Dixie's birthday we decided to do a girls trip to St. George, stay in a friend's condo, get pedicures, and go see The Little Mermaid at the gorgeous Tuacahn Outdoor Theater.  It was originally, Brittany's idea and it was such a good one! We had a great time!  This was not only the first time for Dixie to get a pedicure but also the first time EVER that Dixie's toenails were even painted. Crazy!  It was all of our first time at the Tuacahn and it did not disappoint.  The costumes were bright and fun, the music was great, there were some new songs and some good renditions of favorite songs and the set was so pretty. It didn't start until 8:30 and so it didn't get over until almost midnight and it was SO HOT, despite the large fans spinning overhead. 




The condo was really nice and we enjoyed lots of talk time and a morning at the pool. I was a little teeny bit nervous to be so far away from Chris 3.5 weeks before my due date, especially with all the Braxton Hicks contractions I've been feeling, but I survived and was very happy to be in Chris' arms again after 3 days.


I turned 35 this year! Chris managed to provide a yummy breakfast in bed despite the sad Gestational Diabetes diet: a piece of toast, eggs, a few bites of fruit, plain yogurt, water and almond milk.  I got to watch a house full of kids on my birthday as Jess's kids were over all day and the other adults gone to work. Chris surprised me with table full of gifts wrapped a whole day BEFORE my birthday. He actually planned ahead!  He really did well this year with a new garmin watch, two body pillows and covers (we lost my body pillow at one of the hotels on our move/drive to from MS to UT and have been using 5+ pillows at night to build my 'pillow palace' so I can sleep safely in a reclined position to avoid my 8 month pregnant hips aching) The best surprise arrived a few days late but it was AMAZING. It was a book called "Brittney is..." with excerpts from friends talking about words that describe me and some fun memories. Each page was full of pictures, some I had never seen before! I was amazed to see evidence of me being in shape for some of my 35 years and of all the nice things people said about me. It was so sweet.  Dixie watched our kids so Chris and I could go out to eat with some of my siblings and head over to Tiffany's for a game night. I tried a cauliflower pizza crust (thinking it would be lower carb) so I could have some low-glycemic brownies Tiffany made, but when I tested my blood sugar 2 hours after dinner, it was quite high and I couldn't have any. :(  We decided on creme brulee for Dixie and my birthday treats at the Sunday dinner we had with the Archibalds since it was low-ish carb and still delicious.  I. CAN'T. WAIT. for diabetes to be over!!!


No comments: