Sweet Max. We are all in love here. He smells so good and nurses so well. He is looking more and more yellow and I'm worried about Jaundice a little. Because of Gwen's (and Freddy's) sickness, Chris has been doing all the housework and meals (which our little branch has provided dinners for a whole week!) and taking care of the sick kids. Worried about spreading germs, he's been keeping his distance from me and the baby and won't hold Max until after the kids are in bed and he's showered and changed clothes. Its been nice to keep to my room and just hold my little newborn Max.
His two day visit was on Monday and I had to go by myself because Chris needed to be home with kids. The nursed needed to check his belirubin levels and had to draw some blood out of his little heel. It was only 13 or so and if it had been over 15 then we would've needed to be checked in another week, but she said he should be fine and all we needed was to schedule his two week visit. Getting fluids in him and out of him was the best thing for him so I continued to feed him whenever he wanted.
Unfortunately, I caught some kind of sickness and had fevers for a couple of days during his first week. It was terrible. All the normal aches and pains of recovering from giving birth and nursing were magnified times ten with the sick aches. I hurt everywhere and I was really tired that Chris couldn't help more rock Max. He really likes to be held and rocked and suckled and fusses when those aren't happening. I felt pretty emotional and overwhelmed for a while but the Christmas atmosphere sure is a good distraction and I'm so glad Chris and I were fairly prepared and had all the presents bought.
As Gwen got better we started getting lax with her and Chris' and her quarantine from Max...which was so nice, for everyone! Freddy has been so cute with Max. It almost seems like he's half afraid of him, and is super respectful of the rules regarding him: sanitize before you hold him and be quiet when you walk in mom and dads room in case he's sleeping. Max seems to already know our voices and seems to listen especially when Chris or I are talking. Having a baby during Christmas break has been really nice to not have Chris go to work, or have to get up early to take kids to school, since Chris has been helping out ALOT during the night inbetween Max's feedings. He'll get all comfy in our rocker/recliner in our room and holds Max to try and stretch out the feedings from every 2 hours to at least every 3 hours.
I caught a (gas) smile! His whole face lights up when he smiles. So cute.
No comments:
Post a Comment