With the bookshelf made and baby #5 close approaching we decided not to tackle any new projects and instead focus on cleaning up. Enter (quite belatedly) Nesting Mode. I had a list of big things on the horizen for a couple of months: Primary Program, Charlie's Birthday, Halloween, Faith In God special meeting, bookshelf, then Thanksgiving was the last one before I thought baby would be born. (Freddy's birthday was actually before the due date, but I really feel like this one would come early.) Chris worked hard and cleaned out the shop area of the garage and put up some shelves to organize tools. We had a big bon fire to burn a small portion of the LARGE scrap wood piles we've been hoarding. I love this picture because its all my boys looking so handsome. Have I ever mentioned how much I love Chris' profile from behind?
The weather has been nice - really November is like the perfect month (weather-wise) here. The kids have been playing outside alot. They found this run down shed in the back woods and explored it enough to find a bunch of random supplies like bricks, old window screens, metal poles, fencing material etc. They pulled a bunch of this stuff out and starting building a fort along the edge of the yard. They like to bring out nerf guns and 'snipe' bad guys/zombies.
Chris' robot team had a demonstration for the end of their semester and I took the kids to see him/them after school one day. We've been taking Alec's friend, Twain home from school every day so far this year so he came too. We're all excited to see how this robot team does in the NASA robotic mining competition in FL this next May.
With Thanksgiving behind us we can decorate and really celebrate Christmas! We bought a tree at a local all-profits-go-to-Charity tree lot. It was only $25! I let the kids help decorate the nice tree this year because I was too tired to fight them on it. They did awesome. I really love our tree and it helps everything feel like Christmas. We ordered a new couch (with Thom and Brittany's family coming for Christmas and overlapping with my parents for a few days after we really wanted everyone to be comfortable). I can't wait for it to come.
Our Branch is trying something new this year for our Christmas Party - led mostly by my good friend Audra. We're doing a 'Night in Bethlehem.' Chris got asked to be the roman centurian that comes to every classroom and demands their attendance on an upcoming date to be taxed. He did pretty awesome. Chris has a solo at this party, and the primary kids sing a song, and my boys participate in a small group boys group, and I have a solo. Its 3 days before my due date. We'll see what happens. :)
On the second to last day of preschool, because some kids were sick and another kid's family decided that they couldn't make December work so they just won't come this month. (UGH!) we ended up with only 2 kids. It was a real blessing in disguise because Alec had a Christmas concert that I really wanted to go to but thought I couldn't because of preschool. I arranged things last minute so I brought Freddy and our 1 preschool friend to Alec's concert. It was fun to surprise Alec and get a feel for his life at school. His team sang Deck the Halls, Joy to the World and All Around the Wold at Christmas Time. They did great!
No comments:
Post a Comment