Where do I even begin with Freddy? We recently read our old blog books during the time that I was expecting him and Chris was going through all that cancer stem cell transplant mess and I was reminded of how much I loved him before he was born. He was my little buddy and quiet companion when I felt so lonely taking care of Chris. Things are similar but different 4 years later. He's not so quiet anymore but he's still my little buddy and HAS to be in the same 10 square foot radius as me during the day when the kids are at school. We moved his bed over to Charlie's room in anticipation of our little Max. He loves sharing a space with Charlie and has a hard time going to bed by himself although he loves to take naps still and will fall asleep on my bed with me or on the couch during nap time.
He RUNS everywhere and is so exuberant. He's so cuddly and loving and immediately says, "I'm SO sorry" when he hurts anyone on accident. He cries anytime he gets in trouble and changes his behavior quite quickly. He loves to play with cars, dart guns, ride his balance bike, imaginative play, read books, and sing. He loves dressing up and wears a different costume in the car to pick up the kids from carpool almost every day. His favorite costumes are his batman cape and mask, the green ninja costume, captain america, a cowboy and a knight. Everybody loves Freddy.
Even though I had just had a baby 3 days before his birthday, I wanted to make it special for him and we luckily had leftover frozen waffles with which we could do his breakfast in bed.
Gwen was 'diagnosed' with the flu and step the day before and with a low fever, Freddy looked like he was coming down with it too. He stayed home from church with me, Max and Gwen.
Freddy wanted a Marshal (from some TV show, Paw Patrol) cake with a house on fire. Chris did the decorating honors and made a house out of graham crackers and made yellowy-red frosting for the fire. Gwen had been quarantined in her room for the past few days (we're really hoping sweet newborn Max wouldn't get sick!!) and we gave her permission to come down for the singing and cake.
Alec had been working on this batman cross-stitch for Freddy since General Conference in October. He finished it and we framed it for him for his birthday. Alec is so thoughtful and Frederick just loves it.
Even though Freddy had been talking about his birthday for a while, he didn't seem upset that we weren't able to give him a party with friends or anything. We blew up balloons and decorated the house a bit. I'm so glad Frederick is in our family. He's a wonderfully sweet, loving, happy, imaginative, innocent child of God.
No comments:
Post a Comment