Sunday, March 4, 2018

Max's Blessing

We blessed Maxwell Henry Today. He is such a sweet little baby. We had just seen family at Christmas time and knew we wouldn't have any family able to come for his blessing. But our branch family was there and I enjoyed sharing this special family event with them. One of our friends, a young, newly married guy Troy Hurran, told me he felt honored to be able to participate in giving the blessing.  I tried to prep Max to be nice and calm by feeding him right up until the moment. But that may have backfired because he was sleepy and wanted to nurse to sleep and was not happy to be interrupted. He fussed almost the whole time, and Chris had to juggle, bouncing him and trying to get him to suck on Chris' thumb during the blessing. The older kids were excited for this special time and behaved well so I could listen. I took some notes on my phone and these are the things that stood out to me. That He would be blessed to feel love of our family and the love that Heavenly Father has for him and be able to share that love, that Max would be a positive influence on others and a strong healthy body to carry out his mission. That he would have an eternal perspective while setting goals like serving a mission and getting marred in the temple, that he would be sensitive to the spirit and learn how the Spirit speaks and comforts him.  That he would learn how to rely on the Atonement of Jesus Christ and be blessed with charity and faith. 


I almost didn't take any pictures as a family since I didn't remember until after church when the kids were running around crazy and my Post-Primary Brain was a little fuzzy but our friend Shellie Altman offered to snap a few real quick. I'm glad we took her up on her offer. 










As I'm writing this post months and months later, I can't recall much else to blog about. Except that, unhappy with the way my clothes were fitting with my post-partum body, I quickly folded some fabric and sewed two seams to make the black pencil skirt that morning before church. Also that we had the Gines and Hurrans over for cake later that night. I think Chris might have voiced his comfort with not having any kind of party or celebration and I think I decided to just make a cake and invite those two families/friends over because I wanted to celebrate.  Its special events like this that make living away from family difficult.  I think we may have made carrot cake, like we did for Freddy after his blessing.  I wish I remembered more about this day!! Why did I wait so long to record it. :(  oh! I also remember that Lexi Hurran knitted a cute white lap blanket for him.


No comments: